Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
We are searching for a Capital Projects Sourcing Manager, who will have an opportunity to work closely with many different business functions and construction and equipment spend categories in one of the leading Biotech companies in the world. They will understand how large multi-national companies work and how to work within a matrixed corporate environment.
1. 8-years strategic sourcing and capital procurement, operations/manufacturing or project management experience, with hands-on experience working on large multi-year projects of over $250 million each.
2. Mastering of capital project sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations, selection process and contracting) in a variety of capital construction categories and use of e-sourcing tools such as Ariba.
3. Leading contracting activities including negotiations and contract creation in Ariba CW, managing ongoing contract management needs and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams
At our mission is simple: to serve patients. After virtual onboarding and training, the Capital Projects Sourcing Manager may be located at our service center in Tampa Bay, FL or work remotely.
• Capital Project Sourcing Manager will be assigned to a portfolio of capital projects valued of between $2 and $50 million range.
• Capital Projects Sourcing Manager will provide support to a variety of spend sub-categories including Architectural and Engineering services, Construction Management services, Automation Integration services, Commissioning, Quality and Validation services, and General Construction Contractor and individual Construction Trade Services.
• To help execute and implement the sourcing and purchasing needs of US based spend across the Operations organization, Sourcing Manager will also assist in the sourcing of Capital Equipment and construction materials.
• To execute sourcing (eRFX) for the Capital Construction and Capital Equipment Global Category Management (GCM) Teams
• To be a Procurement Process and Systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant global sourcing policies and procedures
• To be a Contracting lead, leading contracting activities including negotiations and contract creation in Ariba CW, managing ongoing contract management needs and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams
Executing Project-Specific Sourcing Strategies
• Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by GCM:
o Implement project sourcing strategies across US markets and Puerto Rico
o Document (in Ariba and Scout) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation
o Manage electronic Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX)
o Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context
o Implement supplier improvement programs through active supplier relationships
o Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results
o Work closely with the Capital Project Teams to ensure timely execution of eRFX, bid analysis and contractor selection, final approval and execution of contract and/or scope of work for purchase orders in a fast-paced environment
Delivering Value for Customers
• Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance
• Partners with colleagues in Finance and all other Function Heads as appropriate
• Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings for Global Category Managers
• Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
Managing Capital Projects and Contracts
• Ensure procurement policies are followed and that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through supplier contracts published in Ariba
• Inform stakeholders on sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required
• Assists Overall Project Manager with all matters related to strategic sourcing and procurement
• Manage commercial relationships as liaison between Project Teams and suppliers
• Develop and maintain Project Sourcing Plan with Project Manager as a "living document" throughout project life cycle
• Lead selection of Contract Strategy and commercial price structure and incentives/penalties
• Lead supplier selection process, whether competitively bid or single sourced
• Draft and ensure timely reviews and execution of all Contract documents using Ariba CW
• Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts)
• Provide basic training of Contract provisions to Project Team and serve as the source for Contract interpretation and application during project execution
• Work with Project Manager and Project Controls Manager to resolve valid contractor disputes, claims and/or change orders
The Capital Projects Sourcing Manager will also receive excellent training, support and knowledge of procurement practices
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Strategic Sourcing, Capital Procurement, Operations or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years Strategic Sourcing, Capital Procurement, Operations or Project Management experience
• 10-years strategic sourcing and capital procurement, operations/manufacturing or project management experience, with hands-on experience working on large multi-year projects of over $250 million each.
• Mastering of capital project sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations, selection process and contracting) in a variety of capital construction categories and use of e-sourcing tools such as Ariba.
• Leading contracting activities including negotiations and contract creation in Ariba CW, managing ongoing contract management needs and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams
• Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development
• Experience using e-procurement tools such as SAP, Ariba and Scout
• Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel
• Willingness to Travel (up to 20%)
• Fluent business English, written and oral
• Prefer Spanish communications as well
is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Global Strategic Sourcing Capital Construction team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"