Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
1) Ability to work cross functionally with different departments to facilitate discussions and decisions. Can communicate well orally and through presentations
2) Good understanding of LIMS functionality, lab systems and processes
3) Ability to understand technical system issues and can troubleshoot or identify resources needed to troubleshoot issues.
Requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment. In accordance with applicable law, will provide reasonable accommodations to staff augmentation external workers who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to its operations, or its staff.”
Seking a Business Systems Analyst who will be based onsite at its corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA. The incumbent will be a results-oriented member of Quality OIS - Lab Systems client facing Information Systems team. This role will serve as a Demand Owner to ensure requests for production system enhancements and fixes are prioritized and executed through the existing change control processes within the Product Monitor & Test service. The incumbent will also be an occasional delegate of the Service Owner and will collaborate with development teams and external suppliers to deliver, operate and continuously improve solutions in a manner that is scalable, secure, and aligns to approved methodologies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Own the intake, assessment and approval of enhancements for LIMS and LIMS reporting systems supporting GMP product release testing, stability and environmental monitoring..
- Effectively engage business users to analyze business needs, elicit, refine and document business and solution requirements and recommend design to meet efficiency, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Lead vendors and contractors providing guidance as necessary to ensure the delivery of work
- Ensure the incident and service requests are resolved with in the Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Manage support vendors to ensure quality delivery of lifecycle management artifacts, including requirements, design, IQ, OQ and RTM.
- Work with development team to help translate business requirements to technical specifications
- Oversee all facets of testing (e.g. Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Beta Testing)
- Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve technical challenges
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with business clients.
- Lead medium to large, cross-functional project teams/workstreams, facilitate meetings and present to management teams.
- Conduct post-implementation assessment of projects to assure business requirements have been met.
- 3-5 years experience in supporting and implementing Thermo LabSystems SampleManager at a global scale.
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements management and business processes design.
- Working knowledge of laboratory information systems, lab execution systems and chromatography data systems.
- Understanding of and ability to lead Agile teams (SCRUM)
- Great teammate that can work with multi-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences.
- Ability to follow to SOPs, methodologies and policies.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in or C#, Oracle PL/SQL and Thermo VGL is a plus.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"