Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
1. Previous experience supporting RHEL OS virtual and physical machines
2. Support patching and other common operational support tasks such as mounting new volumes, provision new machines, grant server access, review message logs to provide information to application and database teams for error resolution
3. Troubleshoot & resolve performance or other OS issues
We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer to join the Global Infrastructure Services group. The incumbent will be responsible for all activities related to VMware & Unix and will play a key role in supporting the Thousand Oaks California Manufacturing site as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a complex and fast-changing technology landscape. The successful candidate for this position will be located at our Thousand Oaks, California manufacturing site. The Senior IS Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
Key Activities for the Senior IS Engineer will include:
• Support the Service Owner, peer FTE’s, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service, ensuring the offering is aligned with the key principles of service ownership.
• Perform administrative and operational support tasks on VMware and Unix OS platforms.
• Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
• Ensure business continuity during critical production issues and ensure the problem management process is optimally followed for root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation supporting a 24x7 critical environment
• Consistently deliver results aligned with departmental and program goals.
• Provide technical expertise and improve solutions and resource utilization based on industry standards and global standard methodologies.
• Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance
• Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and competing products to improve the product’s ability to deliver business outcomes
• Contribute to the design, documentation, and execution of disaster recovery activities and associated tests
• Drive continuous improvement in the IS infrastructure processes as well as platform life cycle management in alignment with regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
• Deliver progress reports and presentations ensuring that management is aware of the current status, progress and future needs.
• 15% Travel may be required.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"