View all jobs
Sourcing Sr. AssociateTampa, FL
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- 5-7 years Sourcing/Procurement experience
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate
- Sourcing on services (not goods/materials); projects less than 500k is preferred due to the urgency
- Conduct competitive bidding exercises and direct negotiations
- Report on program savings, compliance, and on-going strategies
- Work with the Business Partners to understand each statement of work
- Liaison between Business Stakeholders, External Workforce Center, Global Strategic Sourcing, and Sourcing Excellence
- Create purchase requisitions
- Conduct client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs
- Influence suppliers and stimulate innovation, process improvement, and cost management.
- Delivering Value for Customers
- Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance
- Partners with colleagues in Finance and all other functions as appropriate
- Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
- Amgen is searching for a Sourcing Senior Associate, who will work closely with business stakeholders to buy services across multiple categories within the services SOW program.
- The right candidate will understand how large multi-national companies work and how to work within a matrix corporate environment.
- The Sourcing Sr. Associate will report to the Sourcing Manager.
- At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.
- This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
Basic Qualifications: (use standard qualifications/education combinations)
- Provide support to a variety of service categories based on the strategic demands of business stakeholders/customers
- Be a sourcing process and systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant sourcing policies and procedures
- Has solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations across multiple spend categories)
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading projects
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and other
- Experience using Ariba e-procurement tool
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources to draw and present analytic insights
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Fluent business English, written and oral