Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
1) Design and deploy robust and resilient solutions for moving data across heterogeneous networks, systems and data architectures (Data migration experience)
2) Experience with markup and notation formats such as XML, JSON, YAML, and various API/RPC technologies and frameworks including SOAP, REST, GraphQL and gRPC
3) Able to articulate technical concepts and scenarios verbally and in writing including reading, proofreading, and authoring technical protocols in English
We are seeking a Specialist Technologist/Analyst to be an ambitious member of Quality OIS - Lab Systems Information Systems team and will be a key role in developing and implementing secure and scalable solutions that improve critical business processes within the Product Monitor & Test service. The incumbent will collaborate with development teams and external suppliers to deliver, operate and continuously improve solutions in a manner that is scalable, secure, and aligns to standard methodologies.
Specific Responsibilities are:
• Serve as an expert in system interfacing, configuration, architecture and report development focusing on business processes supporting product release, stability and environmental monitoring testing within LIMS.
• Research and evaluate technical solutions and capabilities considering security, scalability, reliability, maintainability and performance.
• Work with business analysis team to design and develop solutions from business process analysis artifacts, including use cases, user stories, process flows, project schedules
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and scenarios verbally and in writing including reading, proofreading, and authoring of work instructions and technical protocols.
• Design and execute Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Beta Testing.
• Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve significant technical challenges
• Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
• Oversee vendors and contractors providing guidance as necessary to ensure delivery of commitments.
• Lead medium to large, cross-functional project teams/workstreams and facilitates meetings as well as team presentations for senior management.
• Conduct post-implementation assessment of projects to assure business requirements have been met.
3 YOE and BS or BA
• 3-5 years experience in supporting and configuring Thermo LabSystems SampleManager at a global scale.
• Experience in or ability to learn high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic, .NET and VGL is a plus.
• Source control management and issue tracking software integration experience including Git, GitHub, GitLab, Stash, Fork and Bitbucket.
• Experience with integration middleware such as SAP PO, Boomi, JItterbit and Mulesoft .
• Analyze, design, model and deploy robust and resilient solutions for moving data across heterogeneous networks, systems and data architectures .
• Experience with report development in Thermo SampleManager, Spotfire and Tableau.
• Design Oracle database objects (tables, views, etc.) including the ability to work comfortably in SQL and PL/SQL .
• Knowledge of cloud integration and cloud formation.
• Experience with markup and notation formats such as XML, JSON, YAML, and various API/RPC technologies and frameworks including SOAP, REST, GraphQL and gRPC .
• Proven success in translating requirements and user stories into design and in implementing.
• Working knowledge of laboratory information systems, lab execution systems and chromatography data systems.
• Great teammate that can work with multi-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences.
• Ability to follow to SOPs, methodologies and policies.
• Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
• Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"