Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
cell culture experience, antibody conjugation, experience in digital inventory database management
The Thousand Oaks Cellular Sciences organization is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and team-oriented individual with a strong background in protein biochemistry and cell biology for the position of Process Development Associate, to join our Critical Reagent Group. The Critical Reagent Group serves our global network with the creation, inventory and distribution of critical reagents required for characterization, in-process and release testing of biological products. The PD Associate will work with a small team of talented scientists to lead and support the purification and conjugation of antibodies and proteins used in Immunoassays, bioassays, the creation and characterization ready-to-plate bioassay cell banks as well as technology development efforts to continuously improve existing processes. The successful candidate will be able to perform experiments independently, organize and analyze results using integrated digital documentation and data visualization tools. In addition, the PD Associate will interface with client and partner organizations and represent the Critical Reagents team in scientific and cross-functional meetings.
• Purification of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and conjugation of proteins using resin-based technologies and HPLC instruments,
• Characterization of Critical Reagents and preparation of Certificates of Analysis
• Creation and characterization of adherent and suspension cell lines to create robust and high quality cell banks for use in Quality Control cell-based bioassays
• Management of a complex inventory database and inventory forecasting and planning
• Assess, develop and implement process improvements for generation and inventory management of all critical reagents
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with cross-functional team members, clients and partner organizations
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years protein biochemistry, cell biology or molecular biology experience
• Strong hands-on experience in antibody purification and cell culture/cell biology techniques, protein conjugation,
• Candidate should demonstrate the ability to understand, apply, and evaluate principles of protein chemistry and cell biology.
• Detail oriented and excellent documentation skills; Demonstration of proficiency in digital data analysis and visualization
• Experience in digital inventory database management
• Strong and broad skills using the tools and techniques of Project Management; specifically, knowledge of SharePoint and Smartsheet
• Innovation and complexity: Make changes in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
• Communicates effectively with others, using appropriate diplomacy and sensitivity; makes others feel respected, valued and understood; works well in teams
• Advanced scientific/technical reading/writing skills, advanced scientific analysis skills, and advanced laboratory work skills
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"