Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
OE listed above
Executive presence, versatility
leadership, staff experience, l earning and performance, OE development, employee engagement, onboarding, HR
We are seeking an EW Organizational Effectiveness Senior Manager to join our Information Systems team. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leader ready to focus on talent, communications, learning, and change management. People are at the heart of what we do: and our Organizational Effectiveness team’s mission is simple: Driving IS transformation throughout the organization by developing and implementing industry-best communication strategies, leading organizational change, and creating innovative talent strategies. Our team of experienced talent architects, change practitioners, and learning and communications professionals accomplish this mission by maintaining a constant focus on enabling the organization to continually learn, grow, and improve by bringing the best solutions to every project. Our new OE Senior Manager will play a vital role in leading a team of OE professionals as well as developing broad OE strategies in support of the IS Strategy as well as motivating the team in executing our vision for the future.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing enterprise-wide organizational effectiveness strategies and processes to increase adoption, engagement and awareness of the initiatives driving Amgen towards its business outcomes. The incumbent will also be responsible for representing the OE group on various IS product teams while focusing on ensuring alignment towards the broader goal of OneIS. The ideal candidate will be a servant leader with a strong background influencing outcomes, building relationships, and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and learning while producing results. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the following:
• Leads the IS Organizational Effectiveness Team to develop change management, communications, learning and talent strategies
• Drive the creation organizational effectiveness framework and key principles
• Drives continual improvement and technical innovation to meet OE objectives
• Collaborates with product teams to develop and execute organizational change management, learning and engagement activities for transformation initiatives impacting the entire enterprise.
• Leads team meetings and events in accordance with established processes; identifies and implements process improvements where appropriate.
• Develops compelling organizational effectiveness strategies that provide a 360° view of all necessary people focused areas including communications, learning, change management and talent development strategies that clearly convey key messages and adoption needs.
• Partners and collaborates with internal and enterprise cross-functional teams to ensure an integrated approach to delivering priority initiatives
• Leads the development of metrics and documents illustrating the progress of ongoing projects and activities and telling a compelling story with the data
• Knowledge of, and experience in, learning, talent, change management and communications best practices and supporting transformation tools and processes (ADKAR, Kotter, Prosci)
• 7+ years of organizational change, learning, organizational design, communication and/or talent management experience
• Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
• A history of leading, mentoring, motivating and or teaching others
• Outstanding communication skills with audiences of all levels including executive leadership
• Experience leading successful high performing teams
• High level of situational awareness to assess impacts of organizational changes and strategies
• The vision to develop a set of actionable and targeted OE strategies, including but not limited to communications, coaching, training, resistance management and sponsor roadmaps
• Strong technical acumen
• Excellent oral and presentation skills; ability to negotiate, influence and persuade
Master’s degree and 5 years of Learning, Change Management, Talent Development and Communications experience
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of Learning, Change Management, Talent Development and Communications experience
Associate’s degree and 12 years of Learning, Change Management, Talent Development and Communications experience
High school diploma / GED and 14 years of Learning, Change Management, Talent Development and Communications experience
• Possess a natural curiosity for delivering innovative, state-of-the-art people-focused strategies (talent, communications, change management and learning) that drive targeted and high-impact results
• Collaborate and coordinate with functions, internal staff, and outside vendors to achieve communications and business objectives
• Ability to lead and navigate a challenging and dynamic environment productively
• Able to lead multiple team members simultaneously
• Willingness to lead in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Professionally excel at interaction with all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, team player and self-starter with a serious commitment to hard work and excellence
• Innate ability to understand the IS functional teams’ business to design effective organizational change, learning, organization design, communication and/or talent management programs to drive business outcomes.
• Ability to mentor and influence senior leadership to ensure successful strategic delivery
• Lead the execution of OE strategies and plans
• Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes
• Ability to identify performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• Collaborate with product teams to integrate people focused deliverables into highly technical project teams and plans.
• Experience partnering with communication, training, HR, and OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation
• Implements best practices and partners with stakeholders to drive strategies for retention, culture change, and other relevant factors affecting employee engagement.
• Experience driving organizational performance initiatives through leadership – linking strategy to structure, building transformational change approaches and facilitating complex organizational issues.
• Ability to support employee engagement and retention initiatives to increase organizational, programmatic and individual performance - all designed to reinforce a “People First” and “OneIS” culture.
• Strong decision-maker that embodies DAI model.
• Provides cross-functional leadership by partnering with IS leadership and key stakeholder functions through effective team management. Facilitates team meetings and key communications in accordance with established processes; identifies and implements process improvements where appropriate
• Anticipates and appropriately escalates issues that may impact IS strategy implementation through cross-functional coordination and engagement with key stakeholders
• Continual Improvement & Agile Methodologies
• Problem solving/decision making
• Analytics and reporting
• Vendor management and effective budget utilization
• Experience in architecture and execution of building robust talent, learning, OCM,
Note: We encourage all to apply! Staff nominees have been identified for this role through TCDC and ISLT talent development activities.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"