Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Culturing, plating, distribution, maintenance, and banking of cell culture lines organize and manage data/documentation relating to cell banking activities
- support functional in vitro cell-based assays follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- This Associate Scientist position in the Translational Immunobiology group will have two primary responsibilities:
- All aspects of mammalian cell culture, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, propagation, and cryopreservation of cells, including primary human cells from commercial sources
- Basic cell culture techniques and calculations, maintaining large number of cell lines and establishing a well-organized and high-quality cell line bank to meet the demands of multiple concurrent projects
- Accurate and reliable record keeping including organizing and managing data/documentation relating to cell banking activities.
- To accomplish these responsibilities, the successful candidate demonstrates excellent attention to detail, can work quickly and accurately, organizing tasks and delivering quality with efficiency.
- The successful candidate must be able to follow well established protocols and deliver reproducible results to meet sensitive deadlines.
- The successful candidate must be capable of performing standard laboratory techniques and must have basic lab skill knowledge (pipetting, dilutions, titrations, calculating doubling time, cell density etc.).
- Good written/verbal communication skills and ability to manage time efficiently.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting.
- The ability to multitask, think critically and creatively and willingness to learn is essential.
- Important aspects of this role include excellent organization skills, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in an efficient, highly interactive, goal-oriented team environment, and working with minimal supervision. Master’s degree and 2 years of Scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Scientific experience.