Day to Day Responsibilities:
- PKDM within Amgen is dedicated to the discovery and development of novel, effective, and safe medicines.
- The successful candidate will work in a team environment to characterize the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion (ADME), and pharmacokinetic properties of therapeutic drug candidates to achieve their full pharmacological potential.
- PKDM works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to design promising clinical therapeutic candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
- Amgen is seeking a Contract Scientist to join the Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism (PKDM) department at our South San Francisco site.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-5 years of scientific experience
- -Master’s degree with 0-3 years of scientific experience
- -PhD degree with 0-1 years of scientific experience
- BS or MS, or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field is required.
- Experience with operation, troubleshooting, and data interpretation of a mass spectrometer is required
- Experience with operation of automated liquid sample handling instruments and/or experience with analysis of radiolabeled compounds is a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, matrixed team environment.