Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Collaborate on the design, development and testing of software applications.
· Analyze data to effectively meet the needs of business users and make recommendations for training improvements.
· Work closely with end users and cross-functional departments and assist other Software Engineers in this aspect.
· Ensure continued functionality of software during maintenance and testing efforts and communicate changes or updates accordingly.
· Work within defined processes for the software development lifecycle and be able to identify process improvements.
· Communicate within the team during SCRUM sessions.
· Recommend, implement, and apply best practices and SOP’s.
· Create innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
Education & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is desirable.
· 3 - 5 years of software development experience is required.
· Excellent team player with good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in the English Language.
· Familiarity with Microsoft technologies and applications is essential to success.
· Ability to multitask and independently solve complex issues.
· Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems and learn new technology.
· Knowledge of databases and system data integration concepts.
· The ability to collect, evaluate, and document detailed information.
· Positive and professional demeanor.
· Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
· Excellent time management, coaching and training skills to assist junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate will be required and use the following technologies. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, other technologies may be added:
· C#/.NET Core/.NET Framework
· Microsoft Visual Studio IDE/Visual Studio Code
· REST API
· Entity Framework or LINQ
· Micro services (containers)
· ASP.Net Web Forms
· Azure DevOps
· Desktop Forms Application Development
· Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
· Microsoft SharePoint
· Integration/UI Testing
· Reporting Services (SSRS)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Occasional work may be done in an ISO Class 7 cleanroom environment. Powder free gloves, facemasks, hairnets, gowns and shoe covers must be worn. Because smokers continue to shed thousands of smoke particles even hours after smoking a cigarette and these particles will damage our products, only non-smokers are permitted to enter or work in the cleanroom.
Each employee of the Company is an at-will employee, unless specifically notified otherwise in writing. This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed with or without cause. It also means an employee may terminate their employment at any time, for any reason, and the Company has the same right to terminate an employees’ employment at any time for any reason.