“This Company requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment at this company. In accordance with applicable law, this company will provide reasonable accommodations to staff augmentation external workers who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to this company, its operations, or its staff.
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
- Experience with solid state characterization techniques. 1-2 years experience
- Strong knowledge in physical and organic chemistry. Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform solid state characterization measurements and analyses.
- Design and conduct experiments for form screening and form characterization analysis by following instructions and guidance from project representatives.
- Interpret data, maintain timely documentation (i.e. electronic notebooks), and contribute to technical reports and presentations in a cross-functional team environment.
- Participate in lab housekeeping, maintain lab equipment and supplies, and comply with lab safety guidelines.
- May work occasionally on flexible schedule, i.e. starting early morning or finishing late evening, depending on the project need.
Experience with solid state characterization techniques. (1-2 years experience)
Strong knowledge in physical and organic chemistry. (Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical engineering)
Good verbal and written communication skills.
On site position once the facility opens up
As the candidate for this largely laboratory-based position, you will be responsible for driving cutting-edge solid state chemistry support and technology development impacting process and product development teams. You will work cross-functionally and across Process Development sites as you use solid state characterization knowledge to help drive efficient development and scalable understanding of processes and products.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Proficiency in solid state characterization techniques, such powder X-ray diffraction, particle analysis by laser diffraction, thermal analysis (TGA/DSC), optical microscopy, surface area measurement.
- Knowledge in crystallization and crystal form screening.
- Proven ability to interpret data and optimize characterization methods.
- Attention to detail, adaptability to new techniques and multi-tasks, ability to solve problem and meet deadline, and effectiveness to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong computer skills in instrumentation and data processing in a client-server environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- B.S. or M.S. with degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Science or related scientific background with 1-2 years of experience. Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various solid state analysis techniques such as XRPD, TGA, DSC, particle size, microscopy, surface area, DVS, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.