“This company requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and PuertRictbe vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment at this company. In accordance with applicable law, this company will provide reasonable accommodations tstaff augmentation external workers whqualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship tthis company, its operations, or its staff.”
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day Day Responsibilities:
- Extensive applied knowledge and understanding of construction safety principles and practices, regulatory standards including OSHA 1926, and requirements in support of operations activities
- Significant experience managing contractor safety in an operating manufacturing facility for renovation, refurbishment, new equipment installation and demolition projects. Experience with contractor safety in FDA regulated manufacturing facilities strongly preferred.
- Able tcommunicate effectively at all levels of the organization, in a verbal and written format from workers through leadership
- positive way rather than a punitive manner.
- Regulations –Ensure compliance with OSHA safety regulations, This company safety requirements and documentation of non-conformance/coaching timprove performance. Leadership –Interface effectively with project and operations management, obtain their commitment and buy in tproposals and construction plans/logistics.
- Monitor the work and progress of contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure Contractor/Subcontractor Orientation & Training of contractors.
- Partner with contractors tensure detailed, complete project specific safety plans are prepared and reviewed bythis company PM and EHSS prior twork commencing.
- Assess work in the field tensure compliance with approved plans and consult on safety concerns and questions.
- Manage prequalification of contractor(s)/subcontractor(s).
- Monitor safety compliance on all contractor activities across the site.
- Incident management – Identify weak signals and unsafe behaviors or conditions in the field and review with responsible contractors tensure understanding of the issues and their rationale for prevention. Support contractor incident investigations and ensure root cause analysis, tidentify and address the underlying causes of incidents and reduce injuries and identify robust corrective and preventive actions.
Contractor Safety Experience with OSHA 1926 required, Bio/Pharma or FDA regulated experience strongly preferred
This company is seeking a Contractor Safety Manager External Worker for the West Greenwich, RI facility.
Under minimal direction, support all aspects of the contractor safety program at this company at Rhode Island (ARI).
Minimum skills and requirements:
B.S. degree in environment, safety, industrial hygiene, technical, scientific or engineering or equivalent experience and 3 – 10 years of construction safety experience
Extensive applied knowledge and understanding of construction safety principles and practices, regulatory standards including OSHA 1926, and requirements in context of business activities
Significant experience managing contractor safety in an operating manufacturing facility for renovation, refurbishment, new equipment installation and demolition projects. Experience with contractor safety in FDA regulated manufacturing facilities strongly preferred.
Competencies tinclude: Collaboration, leadership, team building, strong communication and influencing skills, action oriented, self-starting, program development and project management
Able tcommunicate effectively at all levels of the organization, in a verbal and written format from workers through leadership
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems
Good technical & business writing skills
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Safety Programs –
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Implement this company's Safety programs and ensure this company requirements are followed. For permit twork, lock out tag out, confined space entry, cranes and hoists, electrical, pressure, working at heights, Personal Protective Equipment, managing hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, biosafety, ergonomics, fire and life safety, emergency response, excavation, and other safety programs
- Facilitate safety performance reviews, inspections, and audits as required.
- Provide full time field oversight for contractor/construction activities across the site, supporting numerous projects daily.
- Scope tinclude work in clean rooms, utilities areas, office spaces, and exteriors/sitework.
- Coach and acknowledge positive behaviors tencourage the right behaviors in the future.
- Develop relationships with contractor staff tpartner with them tpromote and ensure safe work practices and behaviors.
- Address field safety performance issues in a proactive and positive way rather than a punitive manner.