Must have skills:
1. Primary skill within the BA role would be experience with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The candidate understands the lifecycle of implementing a new application.
2. Requirements elicitation and design - The candidate should be skilled at working with clients to identify requirements, especially hidden ones. The candidate should also be experienced with writing clear, concise requirements that are testable. Lastly, the candidate should know what good system design is and be able to review a design specification against the requirements to ensure nothing is missing.
3. Oral and written experience (i.e. leading meetings, working with clients and technical team members, familiar with requirements, design, system specifications)
We are seeking a Specialist Information Systems (IS) Business Systems Analyst who will be based onsite at its corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Analyst will be a results-oriented member of Quality, Operations Information Systems (OIS) - Lab Systems team and will support a project to modernize the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) used by Quality Control.
The analyst will act as an intermediary between the business and the technical communities working with IS project teams, external suppliers and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
Specific Responsibilities are:
• Gain deep understanding of the business processes, supported systems and related data objects.
• Analyze documents and test program development, logic, process flows, specifications and reports.
• Partner with Business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
• Prepare for and ensure that documentation stands up to audits and inspections, provides further vital documentation.
• Use the combination of prior experience, cross system assessments, feasibility analysis, problem solution skills, and client engagement skills to help drive the business towards quality solutions via partnering and understanding business needs and requirements.
• Manage multiple initiatives, priorities and take accountability for assigned work.
• Align processes and deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners.
• Actively engage business users to analyze business needs, elicit, refine and document business and solution requirements and recommend design to meet efficiency, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Craft business process analysis artifacts, including use cases, user stories, process flows, project schedules, documentation (as required).
• Collaborate in all facets of testing (e.g. Unit testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, System testing, Usability testing, User acceptance testing (partner with the Business), Regression testing, Beta testing.
• Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve significant technical challenges.
• Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
• Oversee vendors and contractors providing guidance as necessary to ensure delivery of commitments.
• Lead medium to large, multi-functional project teams/workstreams and facilitate meetings as well as team presentations for senior management.
• Conduct post-implementation assessment of projects to assure business requirements have been met.
BS Degree in computer science
• 5 years of experience functioning as a Business Analyst who is highly analytical with attention to detail.
• Proven understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with Business users in non-technical language.
• Understanding of and ability to participate in executing an AGILE methodology.
• Phenomenal teammate that can work with multi-functional teams, establish peer relationships, advising, understanding and appreciating differences.
• Ability to follow to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), methodologies and policies.
• Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulated environment.
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and is collaborative.
• Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal direction.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
• 3+ years as a Business Analyst supporting a global LIMS deployment.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and expansive work environment.
Our culture is what makes a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"