View all jobs
Process Development AssociateCambridge, MA
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Experience can also come from course work and internship.
- cell culture process development 1+ year
- purification process development 1+ year
- bench scale process development
- Located at our Cambridge, MA site, this lab based position will be responsible for support of the
- development, characterization, scale-up and support of upstream and downstream processes to
- enable commercial advancement of programs from Ph II/III clinical trials to marketing
- This role is in an integrated group in which cell culture and purification scientists
- work together to advance Amgen’s rich, exciting and dynamic pipeline.
- With Amgen’s biology
- first approach, the position provides the unique opportunity of being able to work on multiple
- modalities from antibodies and oncolytic viruses to bispecifics and siRNAs.
- The successful candidate will perform experiments at the bench scale, spanning the end- to end
- drug substance process, including both cell culture and purification operations.
- The candidate
- will apply established platform approaches and utilize problem-solving skills to rapidly solve
- day- to day experimental challenges.
- Additionally, the candidate will utilize out-of-the-box
- thinking to contribute to technology development.
- Finally, the candidate will also demonstrate
- the desire to expand and develop skills in both cell culture and purification, thereby further
- contributing to the integrated group.
- Process Development Associate
- Supports the execution of cell culture and/or downstream purification process studies using bench scale equipment including bioreactors, chromatography and filtration systems.
- Utilizes scientific principles in execution of experiments and analysis of experimental data.
- Carries out laboratory tasks per plan and procedure in a team environment.
- Documents data and process information in accordance to good documentation practices.
- Executes process/equipment troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Prior hands-on experience in lab-scale cell culture or downstream purification process development operation
- Experience with automated and computer-controlled biopharmaceutical process equipment
- Knowledge of process data compilation and analysis
- Demonstrated equipment troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and attention to detail
- Experience of collaboration within and across functional areas and outstanding customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills