View all jobs
Specialist IS AnalystSouth San Francisco, CA
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Windows Upgrades:
- Configure and deploy Windows 10 based laboratory systems using Amgen’s pre-defined lab image to support laboratory instruments.
- Work with the scientists for functional testing and acceptance;
- supporting regulatory validation steps as required.
- Maintain IT asset inventory systems during deployments
- Lab Data Remediation: Configure data management software to automate movement of data from lab instrument computer systems to Amgen enterprise fileshares.
- General Ticket Resolution: Actively respond to incidents and requests for all laboratory software and systems.
- Perform system administration of both local and enterprise laboratory software and systems including:
- user account management, licensing management, Tier 1 incident response and troubleshooting.
Use ServiceNow to track service requests and/or escalate issues when necessary and to keep Amgen asset inventory up-to-date.
Additional tasks may include:
- Physically inventory laboratory computers and reconcile with laboratory inventory system
- Support corporate deployments of anti-virus, software patches to laboratory computers
- Partner with Instrument vendors on system requirements, setups and configurations for new systems as well as upgrades to existing systems.
- Develop and maintain administration tools for the Enterprise Benchtop team primarily in C#, ASP.NET, SQL and IIS
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Amgen is seeking to engage a Specialist IS Analysts with windows administration expertise to join the Enterprise Benchtop Services team for a 1-year assignment.
- The position will perform Windows system administration for laboratory-based computer systems used to control laboratory instruments (instrument controllers).
- The IS Analysts will work closely with scientific functional groups to install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot lab workstation hardware and software.
- This position will be specifically focused on upgrading Amgen’s lab IT assets from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and supporting processes to ensure proper instrument data management.
- There are over 2000 instrument controllers (computers used to run lab instruments) that need operating system and data management remediation.
- The role will also work on general lab IT system problem tickets as reported by lab scientists.