“This Company requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and puerto rico vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment at this company. In accordance with applicable law, this company will provide reasonable accommodations staff augmentation external workers qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship this company, its operations, or its staff.”
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
• 2+ years demonstrated fit-for-purpose project management experience supporting research programs in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Self-directed quick learner who is proactive and takes initiative, with ability to adapt to a dynamic environment; proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The Research Portfolio Management Team is seeking an enthusiastic and results-oriented Scientific Project Manager. The Scientific Project Manager will be responsible for supporting cross-functional teams for a variety of Discovery pipeline projects across therapeutic areas. This is a highly visible position that will apply fit-for-purpose project management in order to advance pipeline projects through Amgen’s governance process and towards clinical candidate nomination.
• Partners with Project Team Leads (PTL) to charter teams, develop core documents, establish timeline and budget, and align project tactics with project strategy
• Partners with PTLs to plan for and successfully navigate Amgen governance requirements
• Manages project timelines and monitors team adherence to project plans; accountable for ensuring project plans/timelines are entered and updated in the enterprise system
• Facilitate effective project meetings and manage change in a matrix environment
• Liaise with Senior PTLs to manage each therapeutic area portfolio
• Identifies resource gaps and works with Project Team to resolve, escalating when necessary
• Drives best practices across teams and develops and implements fit-for-purpose tools to efficiently support Project Teams
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"