“This Company requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and PuertRictbe vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment at this company. In accordance with applicable law, this company will provide reasonable accommodations staff augmentation external workers qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship this company, its operations, or its staff.”
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Strategic Sourcing - RFx through Contracting - MUST have experience with detailed contracts
- Supplier and Internal Stakeholder Engagement & Communications
- e-Procurement Systems Experience (e.g. Ariba, SAP, SCOUT, etc.)
- Would be nice to have someone with biotech experience, but not essential
Execution of the sourcing process. Engaging with our Strategic Category Managers, our Business Partners, and with Suppliers. Issuing RFx and coordinating all activities related to that activity - supplier communications, bid review & analysis and presentations to stakeholders for decision on supplier(s). Negotiating highly complex contracts in the R&D space as the front-line contact and leader for this company with the supplier(s) and with LAW and with our Business Partners.
This company is searching for a Sourcing Excellence Manager who will be responsible for helping execute the sourcing processes across a variety of categories as part of the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) department. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager Sourcing Excellence and will work out of the this company Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida.
At this company, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
Sourcing Excellence Manager will provide support to a variety of categories based on the strategic demands of procurement stakeholders/customers
To help execute and implement the sourcing and purchasing needs of company’s global spend across all functions
To execute sourcing (eRFX) for the Global (GCM) Category Management Teams
To be a Procurement Process and Systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant sourcing policies and procedures
To be a Contracting expert, leading contracting activities, managing ongoing contract management needs
Executing Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies
Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation
Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities
Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX)
Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context
Delivering Value for Customers
Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance
Partners with colleagues in in other business functions as appropriate
Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
Ensure company’s procurement policies are followed, ensuring that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through preferred supplier contracts:
Inform stakeholders on this company’s sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required
Lead and implement contracting with new suppliers
Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts)
Less than 10%, domestic travel may be possible
Master’s degree and 2 years of Sourcing, Contracting and/or, Project Management experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Has solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and contracting) across multiple countries, across multiple spend categories
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading project teams across geographic and functional reporting lines
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy while understanding business goals
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and otherApplies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources in order to draw and present analytic insights
- Compelling and persuasive communicator (oral and written) with excellent interpersonal skills
- This company is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
- This Company focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, this company has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.