This company requires all staff, staff augmentation external workers, and certain other external workers, in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of assignment at this company. In accordance with applicable law, company will provide reasonable accommodations to staff augmentation external workers who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to this company, its operations, or its staff.
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- identify potential areas for water, carbon, and/or waste savings. this will include review of plant areas and drawings.
- Calculate savings for projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding sustainability to engineering teams
- Prepare and present progress.
Company is seeking a Sustainability Engineer at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to support the Manufacturing and Clinical Supply (MCS) organization. This position will focus on driving a sustainability focused culture across the MCS organization where environmental impact becomes part of day-to-day decision making as well as providing technical support on developing, planning and executing initiatives that reduce carbon footprint, water consumption, and waste generation.
- Support development of the Environmental Sustainability plan for MCS in alignment with corporate programs and goals.
- Improvement Opportunity Identification
- Identify potential opportunities to reduce water, reduce carbon footprint, reduce waste, and other sustainability opportunities;
- Perform assessment including cost effectiveness, technical feasibility and lifecycle impact of potential sustainability improvements. This would include generating HVAC, heat-load, energy related calculations;
- Work with system subject matter experts (SMEs) and clients to develop and specify opportunities for integration of energy, water, or waste efficient designs within capital projects and equipment life-cycle based replacement projects;
- Engage with corporate teams to coordinate efforts;
- Analyze energy, water utility consumption and costs, identify system energy and water audit needs and retro-commissioning opportunities to support the advancement of a monitoring-based commissioning process;
- Consult with industry experts to identify innovative technologies to advance sustainability goals;
- Partner with other company teams to understand available incentives for implementing energy, water reduction projects or pilot project opportunities;
- Execute improvement opportunities
- Support technical aspects associated with sustainability capital projects during design, build and installation phases;
- Manage execution of department and expense related sustainability projects.
- Ensure commissioning and qualification standards are developed and used. Provide support & lead aspects of C&Q;
- Develop and approve procedures for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of systems;
- Ensure the delivery of system maintenance plans including Computerized Maintenance Management System database build-out, spare parts identification and stocking strategies, and maintenance plans;
Collaborate with Corporate Engineering and EHSS teams to develop annual MCS sustainability reports (which include reporting and verification of global energy, water projects);
Effectively communicate to stakeholders business proposals, progress updates, and results;
Perform and support the measurement and verification (M&V) of sustainability projects to verify the actual energy, water reduction achieved compared to projected;
Up to 10% domestic travel
Master’s degree and 3 years of Engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Engineering experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering experience
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering *
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Professional Certifications such as: Certified Energy Manager (CEM), LEED AP BD+C, Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), Certified Measurement and Verification (CMVP)
- Passion and interest in environmental sustainability
- Ability to lead and deliver results in an interactive cross functional environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Experience and / or knowledge of industrial, laboratory and relevant manufacturing environments and systems including but not limited to boilers, chilled water plants, refrigeration, compressed air, process heating / cooling, motors, pumps, HVAC and lighting
- Knowledge of engineering principles to determine attainable savings (energy and utility costs) for various energy- and water- conservation measures
- Capable of developing and supporting detailed engineering analysis spreadsheets to support project design, development and capital planning
- Experience or exposure to measurement and verification (M&V) and international measurement and verification protocol such as IPMVP is desirable;
- Experience working on LEED projects or LEED certification
- Experience and exposure to buildings retro commissioning and planned operations, maintenance activities as it relates to equipment maintenance, troubleshooting
- Experience in sustainability assessments (including carbon footprint elimination, water consumption reduction, and waste minimization)
- Experience in executing engineering projects
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)