Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Real experience with managing transportation (Problem solving)
*Experience managing controlled documents
*Cost improvement experience
Under minimal direction of (Sr.) Manager DSC, manages the following responsibilities:
• Executes implementation of cold chain and transportation process requirements as defined by strategy
• Support daily transport operation for assigned areas on ATO site
• Owns and drives implementation of projects related to new cold chain capabilities, transportation needs.
• Supports management in decision-making process related to transportation and cold chain
• Collects, processes and reports outs all data and KPI related to cold chain, transportation and vendor performance
• Performs monthly analysis of shipping data and reports out to management
• Performs trending analysis and owns related reports, identifies necessary corrective actions and drives their implementation
• Builds business cases for new capabilities, suppliers.
• Represents DSC in networks and cross-functional projects as assigned
• Manages transportation and cold chain for assigned region, actively handles all issues and developments
• Maintains excellent relationship with TSPs making sure interests are served to the maximum
• Leads business reviews with TSPs on current business, escalations, reporting and improvements
• Drives root cause analysis and performance analysis and risk assessment, develop action plans to improve or mitigate risk with departments involved.
• Keeps track of issues and input for BRM and audits
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends and developments in logistics including and provides expert advice for development of new process, approaches and strategies
• Develops and maintains departmental SOPs and other controlled documents on transportation management
• Seeks structural improvements and cost saving opportunities in processes internally and with TSPs
• Liaises with global counterparts, relevant departments and networks to ensure global alignment on transportation and cold chain management
• Manages transport related invoices and perform budget tracking and reporting
• Owns quality records related to TSP activities – Dev/ CAPA, change control
• Manages other projects as assigned
Doctorate Degree OR Master's Degree & 3 years of Supply Chain experience OR Bachelor's Degree & 5 years of Supply Chain experience OR Associate's degree & 10 years of Supply Chain experience OR High school diploma/GED & 12 years of Supply Chain experience
• Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or Business
• 5 + years of work experience in the planning, manufacturing and global distribution of medicinal products
• 3 + years organizational or program management (leading teams, cross-functional problem solving, performance management, budget oversight, process development and improvement)
• 3+ years of supply chain management using SAP (logistics, supply planning, demand management)
• APICS CPIM/CIRM certification
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"