Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
PCR, DNA/RNA extraction
100% onsite - must be local.
Cell culture - 5-7 years of experience
Western blot - 3 - 5 years of exp
PCR, DNA/RNA extraction - 2-3 years of exp
Associate Scientist: Molecular and cellular biology; biochemistry
To underpin our commitment to bring safe and transformative medicines to patients, we are growing our highly innovative Molecular and Cellular Translational Safety group. Our mission is to transform human risk assessment to optimize the discovery and development of vital therapeutics that improve patients' lives. To achieve this, we are applying a variety of human in vitro approaches (including human genetics along with cellular, molecular and structural biology techniques) to develop assays that can predict or elucidate mechanisms leading to drug safety issues.
We are seeking a talented Associate Scientist with expertise in biochemistry and cell biology to join our growing group. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the lab.
1) Drive wet laboratory biochemistry and cell biology efforts focused on a) understanding the impact of candidate therapeutics on the activity of a variety of proteins and/or cellular functions, b) developing new biochemical or cellular assays to use in drug safety screening
2) Design, execute and troubleshoot a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays and approaches
3) Interface with scientists in medicinal chemistry, protein chemistry, and therapeutic discovery groups to develop tagged reagents or novel in vitro systems
4) Analyze, interpret, meticulously document and present data in group and department meetings
5) Assess new technologies and approaches that can be applied to further our research goals
Master’s degree and 2 years of Scientific experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Scientific experience
1) Master’s Degree with 3+ years of scientific experience
2) Demonstrated expertise in a variety of biochemical approaches to understand protein function with a particular focus on characterizing their inhibition or activation by small and large molecules
3) Experience in working with a variety of cell cultures, such as primary cells or various human cell lines, along with expertise in cellular functional endpoint measures in these systems
4) Experience in the synthesis and utility of tagged small molecule probes for the purification of interacting proteins
5) Proficiency with a variety of other molecular and cellular biology and biomarker techniques including PCR, molecular cloning, sequence analysis, ELISA, western blot etc.
6) Ability to work independently in experimental design, execution and data analysis
7) Comfort in working in a highly interactive and vibrant environment and a passion for teamwork
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"