Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
1. Experience with calibrations and instrument troubleshooting in a regulated environment (GMP, ISO, etc)
2. Troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems preferred
3. Strong computer skills
Maximo is preferred
We are committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The Rhode Island site is a multi-product, flexible manufacturing site. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals that aspire to be future leaders as we continue this journey and expand our site operations.
Reporting to F&E Front Line Manager, the Instrumentation Technician is responsible for maintaining/calibrating systems and performing various maintenance activities throughout the ARI site. The position is on shift (2-3-2 schedule). Both day and night shifts have available openings.
Specific duties include:
• Perform scheduled calibration and corrective maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used across the ARI site
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems
• Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner and with quality
• Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and cGMPs
• Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed
• Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders
• Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely
• Identify waste, work flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation
• Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance
• Maintenance and calibration activities are executed safely
• Maintenance and calibration activities are executed right the first time
• Maintenance and calibration activities are executed in timely manner
• Maintenance and calibrations activities are executed per applicable procedures
• Issues and opportunities that are observed are reported in a timely manner
Measurement of Key Responsibilities:
• No lost time injuries or near miss incidents for me
• Minimal rework for maintenance activities executed by me
• Labor hours expended are appropriate for job
• All activities are completed per procedure
• All observed issues are reported in a timely manner
Associates degree and 2 years of Instrumentation / Metrology experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Instrumentation / Metrology experience
Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams
Strong computer skills
Ability to provide guidance and technical advice to others
Experience with calibrations and instrument troubleshooting in a regulated environment (GMP, ISO, etc)
Experience with Delta V distributed control systems
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"