|Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
(6+ years of experience)
OSHA compliance experience
manufacturing operations experience
experience developing safety culture (safety first mindset)
Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
great communication skills
computer skills (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
EHS support to biotech pharmaceutical manufacturing operations per FDA regulations. The EHS Manager is a member of the EHS Team that will interact frequently with internal clients, be action oriented, and be directly engaged providing on the floor safety support for operations within the facility. Responsible to implement, manage, and monitor aspects of facility safety and environmental compliance programs in the plant and manage competing priorities on a routine basis. This role will partner with manufacturing staff and management to identify and address safety issues and concerns and serve as a subject matter expert across the safety and environmental compliance disciplines. The role will primarily support weekday evening shifts and will require a significant presence on the manufacturing floor (cleanroom) supporting those activities.
• Act as an EHS representative for internal manufacturing staff and management;
• Assist in the interpretation of EHS regulations to ensure compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and local requirements;
• Coach staff and leadership to establish and maintain world class safety culture
• Ensure work conducted on the floor matches current safety procedures and risk assessments.
• Perform EHS inspections throughout the facility;
• Perform job hazard analysis and support Industrial hygiene, ergonomic, and other safety assessments as needed;
• Participate in emergency response activities as needed;
• Maintain appropriate records and documentation;
• Identify, develop and assist in implementing EHS program improvement initiatives;
• Partner with all levels of internal client organizations;
• Assist in Accident/Incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
• Master’s degree and 6 years of manufacturing safety experience
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of manufacturing safety experience
• Associate’s degree and 10 years of manufacturing safety experience
• BS degree in environmental, safety, technical, scientific or engineering fields.
• 6 + years of experience developing/supporting EHS programs within industry.
• Possess one or more professional credentials (CIH, CSP, ASP, CHMM, EIT).
• Previous experience working within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector, preferably in a cGMP environment.
• Experience in developing and supporting a world class safety culture in a clean room manufacturing environment.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"