Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
- Project Management
- SmartSheets, MS Teams
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Can-do attitude; does not easily give up – you will be the key person for organize our projects. This candidate will be provided direction and support but will need to be methodical and analytical when completing tasks – This is a very large organization, there will be a lot of parties the candidate will need to engage for project success
- Be comfortable, with being uncomfortable - Identifies a problem (he/she can’t stop here), identifies possible solutions & partners with teams on selecting one – the end goal will be known but all the steps in-between may not be known form the starting point, the candidate will need to work through these and not get flustered
- Positive Attitude/Energy; does not wear his/her heart on his/her sleeve - This role will deal with our employees from around the world. This candidate must approach each one of them with a positive attitude regardless of the situation. In summary, this candidate must be a do-er - having the right attitude can get you through almost all situations).
Day to day responsibility will be focused on monitoring and moving the project portfolio forward.
Digital Integration and Predictive Technologies (DIPT) team (within Process Development) is searching for an Associate Project Manager to support its portfolio of Digital programs.
Our ideal candidates will have experience in both program and project management. The candidate must be comfortable leading projects through the full life cycle (Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Closure).
The candidate enjoys tackling a problem with optimism and skillful thought, prefers a busy day to a slow day, and excels at organizing information from numerous sources and communicating it out (verbal and written).
If this sounds like your candidate, please read on
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What we are looking for:
- Client Interface – strong comfort level in engaging business at all levels (staff through executive leadership); strong communication skills and professionalism
- Oversight – manage multiple high-level, complex programs/projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements
- Technical Aptitude - ability to speak to program concepts and software at an intermediate level (on the job training provided)
- Operational Work – a gate keeper for addressing incoming questions/issues/suggestions from the user base. Be the conduit to communicate important feedback; develop training materials to address gaps. Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are documented. Coordinates and directs the activities of cross-functional project team members.
Ability to travel:
- 3+ years of experience working in a client facing portfolio/project management role
- Expertise in running medium to large scale technical projects and supporting change management needs
- Excellent understanding of project management processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – written commutations must adhere to high content quality and design standards
- Must have a helpful personality and like to solve problems in a consultative way
- Well organized, detail oriented and capable of prioritizing numerous competing tasks
- Flexibility to bring structure to vaguely defined problems – questions may will require partnering with team members e.g. you must be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity and always ensure requests are satisfactorily closed
- Strong computer skills e.g. MS Office Suite, SmartSheet, MS Teams
- You need to be able to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- Looking to work 40-hours a week, onsite in Thousand Oaks, California (post Covid)
Domestic and International ~5-10% (post Covid)
Preferred Qualifications/ Education:
- Has a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (or actively being worked on)
- biopharma experience (understands different functional areas)
- Past experience managing a project portfolio of digital programs/projects
Bachelors and PMP
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"