Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Previous hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on recombinant protein production in CHO cells
- Experience with DNA cloning, vector construction and design, advanced molecular biology techniques, and optimizing gene expression constructs to promote desired gene expression characteristics (high expression, stoichiometry, chain ratio balance etc)
- Understanding of all aspects in cell line development, bioprocess development and manufacturing of biotherapeutics
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execute and analyze mammalian cell culture experiments including transfection, selection, single cell cloning, passaging, screening, banking, and characterization
- Analyze and interpret data, maintain laboratory notebooks, and generate written reports
- Generate relevant data towards authoring of regulatory submissions, publications, and patent applications
- Communicate project updates, solve complex technical problems, participate and present scientific data in meetings
- Evaluate and develop innovative technologies to improve expression, accelerate timelines, and improve efficiency
- Work closely in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues in process development, discovery, as well as interact with regulatory and quality experts in support of global regulatory filings
We is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist responsible for all aspects of production cell line development in support of advancing the pre-clinical pipeline as part of the Drug Substance Process Development organization.
- Pharma/Biotech experience
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering or related life science discipline
- Relevant Master’s degree + 3 years industrial experience
- Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of industrial experience
- Strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, cell line and gene editing technologies as well as the ability to explore and develop new technologies and approaches
- Advanced scientific/technical reading/writing skills, advanced analysis skills, ability to collaborate and work in team environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
This is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"