- Candidate will support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies across all Amgen sites globally, with focus on
- Information Systems and Technology categories including Hardware, Software, and IT Services.
- Responsibilities include:
- conducting industry analysis to identify industry providers, leading players, and specific industry characteristics; conducting client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs, influencing suppliers and stimulating innovation, helping with process improvement and cost management, developing a comprehensive category strategy based on customer and industry analyses and developing contracts with new suppliers or renegotiating existing contracts; leading the contract negotiation process and achieving best value for Amgen by: 1)determining the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements, 2) defining and (occasionally) executing the sourcing strategy and subsequent contract management, and 3) leading the contract implementation and the identification of opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enhance the business partnerships.
- Sourcing/procurement experience, particularly in the IS space
- Experience proactively reaching out to IS business partners to develop sourcing strategies
- Problem solving
Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills