Day to Day Responsibilities:
- The HFE/UE responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage HF aspects of project including: planning, timelines, milestones, deliverables, resources, priorities and budget required.
- Plan, conduct, analyze and report human factors activities supporting multiple projects.
- Assist in defining user needs, translation of needs into measurable specifications, evaluation of device-user interfaces, usability studies throughout Research & Development and Life Cycle Management phases.
- Ensure HFE/UE/ID input is provided across functions to develop device design, packaging, labeling, and training requirements.
- Ensure brand driven aesthetics are applied consistently across the entire product portfolio.
- Support usability testing such as planning, protocol development, data collection sheets, moderator scripts, material development, study coordination, IRB submissions, managing participant recruitment, study management, data collection, analysis, and documentation to support project needs.
- Assist in preparation for clinical studies and regulatory submissions in accordance with HF best practices.
- Analyze objective and subjective data from usability studies to inform design and provide alternative solutions.
- Active communication with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Prepare documentation to support development activities, design controls, DHF, DMR including protocols, task analysis, risk assessment, and HFE reports.
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- The Human Factors Engineer (HFE) /Usability Engineer (UE) shall contribute to and facilitate HFE/UE research, development and continuous improvement activities of Amgen drug delivery devices using HF/UE best practices and in accordance with current regulations and guidelines within the medical device, combination product and bio-pharmaceutical industries.
- HFE/UE collaborates with internal and external partners and across functions with marketing, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and regulatory teams.
- Implement human factors research to drive innovative and intuitive products.
- HFE will support appropriate human factors and usability engineering activities to improve the design of products, specifically the device-user interfaces, including the device, packaging, labeling, and instructions for use while minimizing the potential for use errors.