Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Operate as an expert on the best sourcing channels to use for each recruiting opportunity; if a search firm is necessary, make recommendation and drive excellence and accountability of results to ensure maximum return on investment
- Conduct executive level candidate assessments which include screening for required technical skills and needed leadership capabilities
- Educate candidates on the specifics of the position as well as influence passive candidates to engage in the interview process with Amgen
- Effectively manage relationships with executive level staff, including CEO staff, the Talent team, HR partners including Compensation and Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, and HR Business Partners to create a culture of collaboration
- Analyze and forecast business and market trends that will impact Amgen’s executive recruiting capability
- Partner with executive level business leaders and HR to create and drive proactive recruiting strategies for both current executive level positions as well as anticipated future needs
- Ensure alignment of recruiting activities with business goals and objectives balancing speed with attention to detail and ensuring the best outcome
- Provide a high-touch experience for executive level candidates and hiring managers so that the hiring processes from sourcing, selection to onboarding are best in class
- Develop talent roadmaps with position recommendations for internal executive search, based on workforce planning and ROI assessment
- Seek out and introduce new innovative approaches and cutting-edge executive recruitment practices while staying abreast of industry trends and talent dynamics
- Assist with projects to improve Amgen’s executive recruiting capability
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition Leadership team, create, implement and drive strategies to build Amgen’s executive recruiting capability
- Reporting to the Lead of Executive Recruiting, the Executive Recruiter/Search Consultant is responsible for driving best-in-class executive recruiting for Amgen.
- This position will be accountable for full life cycle recruitment for Executive Director level and above positions, across all of Amgen’s functions.
- The Executive Recruiter also plays a key role in developing and delivering best in class recruitment services to ensure Amgen is positioned to attract and recruit exceptional talent.
- Doctorate degree and 4 years Human Resources or Talent Acquisition experience OR
- Master’s degree and 8 years of Human Resources or Talent Acquisition experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Human Resources or Talent Acquisition experience
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Minimum of 10 years full life cycle recruiting experience in either large, complex organization and/ or executive search firm
- Experience with executive recruiting for a large pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Experience structuring, negotiating and delivering complex offers including a thorough understanding of deferred compensation/replacement awards
- Proven experience delivering results by driving innovation and exhibiting subject matter expertise to influence business hiring decisions
- Superior work ethic, resourcefulness and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Exercises discretion and able to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, confident, organized and articulate manner