View all jobs
Specialist Business Analyst AFPThousand Oaks, CA
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with lead BA, developer and key end users throughout SDLC to deliver new or enhanced system functionality.
- Responsibilities will including scoping builds and releases based on client priorities and team / resource availability; creating and managing release timelines;
- capturing / documenting requirements, leading testing activities including creating and executing test scripts and managing the backlog of user stories.
Responsibilities will include:
- Must have analytical skills, 3-4 years exp. in BA role with technical skills.
- This is a client facing role to must have great communication skills, needs to be eager and have a go-getter attitude.
- The Business Analyst will serve a key role in supporting Law Department’s contracting business processes and technology platforms.
- The Business Analyst will work with lead BA, developer and key end users throughout SDLC to deliver new or enhanced system functionality.
- Direct business processes design and software implementation
- Actively engage with business users to analyze business needs, gather, refine and document business and solution requirements and recommend design
- Create business process analysis artifacts, including but not limited to use cases, stories, process flows, project schedules
- Manage the backlog of requirements/user stories
- Provide critical thinking and strategic judgment to resolve significant technical and analytic challenges
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall)
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
- Experience in agile software development, business analysis, and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate software requirements and an ability to translate requirements that can be implemented in IS solutions
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, meeting facilitation, negotiation, planning, and organizational change management skills
- Able to manage activities across multiple projects simultaneously
- Results oriented with strong adherence to meeting delivery timelines
- Strong team player who can collaborate and provide leadership through influence to achieve the required results
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in clear and concise manner
- High learning agility, innovation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to master new IS technologies and processes with minimal support
- Experience in Agile Software Development Methods (e.g. Scrum)
- Working experience with AWS and Salesforce.com
- Working experience with Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Search, Mobile, Social, Cloud technologies
- Working experience with SharePoint Online, Hot Docs, and Jira